Are you overwhelmed just thinking about your teen's college admissions process? We can help.
Give us three hours over six weeks and we'll get you up to speed.
Starts June 8th. Sign up now for more info!
About College Admissions
Boot Camp for Parents
- For: Parents of high school-aged students (all grades)
- Instructor: Jessie Peck Martin, MEd. live on Zoom
- Session Format: 30 minute sessions followed by 15 minutes of Q&A
- When: Six Tuesday evenings in June and July
- Time: 8PM-8:45PM EST (5PM-5:45PM PST)
|Tuesday, June 8||The Timeline|
|Tuesday, June 15
|Tuesday, June 22
||The Fit (Academic, Social & Financial)|
|Tuesday, July 13||The List|
|Tuesday, July 20||The Legwork|
|Tuesday, July 27||The Strategy|
- On-Demand: Session recordings will be available online, along with course materials
Does it feel as if just a moment ago you were wrestling with the latest car seat and the next you're wondering how to start the college admissions process with your teen? I've been there.
Join me live (or on-demand - you're busy, right?) to learn everything you need to know to understand the basics of today's college admissions process. We'll get you up to speed in just six half-hour sessions over eight weeks, and you'll leave with access to the video content, downloadable checklists and a master timeline to make your life easier.
Scroll down to learn more. Hope you'll join us!
and the team at
What will this College Admissions Boot Camp Cover?
A lot has changed about the admissions process and it is now -- arguably -- one of the most complicated, stressful, and overwhelming periods of parenting. And that's why Elevated Admissions launched this Boot Camp.
Whether your teen is a freshman just starting to think about college, or a junior already on the front edge of the process, our Boot Camp is designed to take you from feeling overwhelmed to being informed and ready to guide your student through all of the stages required.
We'll cover six core topics over eight weeks, allowing for a two week break over Fourth of July. At the end of each thirty minute session, there will be fifteen minutes for Q&A so you can make sure you really understand the material. Plus, all of the sessions will be posted on our website so you will be able to reference the material in real time later, as you're working with your student.
BOOT CAMP OUTLINE
SESSION ONE - The Timeline
What needs to happen and when? An overview of all the components that make up the application process, including when to get started. We include a PDF timeline to guide you after the course.
SESSION TWO - The Application(s)
There are dozens of application platforms and application types. There is also a laundry list of items that your student will need to create and gather as well as choices on how best to spend their time on extracurricular activities. Where the components of an application and your unique student meet.
SESSION THREE - The Fit (Academic, Social & Financial)
Strategies on how to gauge each of the three key aspects involved in identifying schools that are an appropriate fit for both your family and for your student.
THE BREAK - Two weeks off over Fourth of July
SESSION FOUR - The List
How to build a balanced list of prospective colleges that includes "Likely," "Profile," and "Reach" schools, and how to create a winning plan to approach each school on the list.
SESSION FIVE - The Legwork
Navigating admissions events, campus visits, and deconstructing "demonstrated interest" to narrow down and prioritize your student's college list.
SESSION SIX - The Strategy
How to approach Application Strategizing 101 by understanding application types and test-optional policies in order to maximize your student's chances.
COST - $499
(Use the code EARLYBIRD by June 1st and save 20%)
Boot Camp ROI: What will you walk away with?
- You'll have a birds-eye view of the full process, which we've found greatly reduces anxiety about what you're getting into
- You'll know what to do and when, so you don’t miss key "opportunities" (aka deadlines)
- You will be able to build a school list that fits your student’s profile and your family resources, and maximizes your student's chances of acceptance
- You will understand the steps required to evaluate and interface with the admissions offices at the colleges on your student’s list, and you'll be able to communicate that process to your student
- You'll have a basic understanding of the various application types along with the pros and cons and ramifications of test-optional policies
- You'll have access to downloadable PDFs that will offer ways to engage with your student, checklists to make your life easier, and a master timeline to keep you on track
- You'll have access to the course videos and materials for up to four years